Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fourth of July Vacation

Because of having some extra vacation time, I headed up to NJ for a week for the 4th, with AJ in tow because she also wanted a vacation. While there, we shopped (see awesome purple sunglasses below), ate more than I ever thought possible, saw the Red Bank fireworks, and did a number of other awesome things. I have added pictures below. Read the captions for a vacation summary.


Sunglasses, courtesy of the Kate Spade outlet.


Being pasty white does not deter me from the beach.


My first trip to the new stadium!


That's a big screen.


Yes, we had those tickets where all of the food was free. This is a sampling of the free buffet food that AJ ate prior to the game. Amazing. Billy Joel's wife was the "celebrity" chef for the day, and she served AJ that grilled cheese/hamburger thing. Crazy.




In addition to the buffet, all food on this menu was free. Also, you could order off-menu, as AJ and I did when we got a pint of ice cream to share. What? It was hot outside.


AJ tries to avoid ball-to-face related broken nose #3, while wearing her sweet new aviators.


AJ and I at the Yankees Museum with a catcher wearing the facemask she herself should have sported a month ago.

Jackie and I in the Yankees Museum model locker. Apparently it's what the current lockers look like. Every player has an internet enabled computer in there. Because how would they prepare for a game without twitter access?


Blake feeding Buddy the Goat (can you tell that we've moved on to Pennsylvania now?)

AJ and Banchee the Barn Kitty



Blake and I posing at the mini-golf hole that he designed


Aah, Dairy Swirl...if Blake ever decides to go home and take over the family business, I am going to weigh 1000 pounds.


And that's about it. Good times. Now I somehow have to convince myself to get back into the work mindset. Lame. We did however go back to line dancing lessons last night, and I was able to successfully complete all of the dances we were taught...a significant upgrade from my last performance. Yay!

No comments: