Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Of course it's my back!

...and anyone who gets the reference in the title of this post is awesome.

So I woke up Saturday morning feeling like I slept a little weird...like I couldn't move my neck too swiftly in any direction without feeling a shooting pain in my right shoulder blade area. Sunday morning was much of the same. And then the situation escalated on Sunday night to "OH MY GOD SOMEONE KILL ME I CAN BARELY MOVE."

Some Tylenol PM forced me to sleep, but I woke up at 5am yesterday in excruciating pain and needed to wait it out until Urgent Care opened at 8 (damn you, Urgent Care. It's URGENT for God's sake, you should be open by 6). Apparently, I have a severe muscle pull in my right upper back/shoulder area from lifting on Friday. Excellent.

Time to hand down a life lesson: I was all pumped up that I got my fat ass back into my exercise regimen of old last week, going to the gym 4 times, lifting twice, yoga once, pilates twice, but apparently my body wasn't really up for that. I didn't lift especially hard on Friday, but my shoulder apparently would rather be a lazy fatty. And now its wish has come true, because the doctor suggested that I avoid the gym for at least a week (maybe two). UGH. So I guess the moral of the story is to slowly work up to the full workout regimen, don't just start it up out of nowhere.

I have pain killers and muscle relaxers now. But I can't take the muscle relaxers at work, and I have to wait another hour to take my next pain killer and I AM IN PAIN. Work today is going to be AWESOME. I did have a fairly eventful morning though...while I was walking to work (with my damn computer bag), our office manager drove past me and offered me a ride...apparently I was "walking funny." Of course I was. I currently walk like an old lady.

No comments: