Monday, February 16, 2009

Bad news bears.

Sometimes you just get a lot of bad news in a short amount of time. You have to learn to make the best of it. Here's a few things that made me say "booooooooooo" in the past few days.

1) I went to the mall this weekend, and couldn't find the Coach shoes that I wanted in Coach, Norstroms, or Neiman Marcus. Poo. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks and then try again. I did get a couple of cute dresses at Banana, so I guess that's a plus.

2) I was informed of my bonus today. Oh my god, the crappy economy is seriously killing my buzz. I'm getting roughly half of what I thought I'd get. So I suppose I really should just save it all and not buy the shoes. (Spoiler alert: I'm going to probably buy the shoes anyway. I shop when I'm sad.)

3) I've been being so good about my diet and exercise for the past two weeks, and I have taken off three pounds. Three. And not necessarily even three...I weigh pretty much what I've always weighed. I just had three extra pounds chillin after the holidays that have finally come off. I've come to terms with the fact that this is just how my body likes to roll, and I'm fine with that. I would, however, like to add some muscle definition. So I'm going to be better about lifting 3 times a week. I also went back to yoga yesterday after almost a month. It was torture. But it was good. I have noticed that my stomach is getting flatter and flatter (thanks, pilates) so even if I don't lose a pound, I will still look good in a bikini this summer.

4) My computer got a virus so I had to get a loaner while the IT guy fixed it. It was only slightly annoying because I had to back up files and change my settings once I got my computer back, but it was still an annoyance on an already busy Monday.

Now maybe next time I post, it will be all good news.

No comments: