So I have the day off today because I'm flying to NJ for a wedding. When I booked this ticket, I went against my better instincts and booked with Travelocity instead of through US Air like I usually do because I saved $80 by making my return flight with Continental instead of US Air. And I was apprehensive, but I like saving $80 so I figured it was fine.
No. I went to leave the house to go swing by the office to submit an expense report and then hit the airport and I checked my flight status first. And it was cancelled. Now, my flights get cancelled every now and then, nothing you can do about that, but when you book with US Air they at least have the courtesy to call you and tell you your flight was cancelled and you need to get a new one. Not Travelocity, my friends. So by the time I contacted US Air, the earliest flight I could get on was either one hour from the time I called (so obviously no), or 5 hours after my original flight. Great. Now I won't get to NJ until 10pm, I won't have time to go to the fancy mall, and I still have to leave on a noon flight Sunday. So I won't even be there for 36 hours. Oh, and Travelocity can't do anything about changing my returning flight to be a later time because of this debacle...and I know this because I called and yelled at them. "Travelocity Guarantee" my ass.
How am I going to stop myself from online shopping all day when I'm just sitting around, knowing that I can't go to the fancy mall tonight? I'm probably not. Also, the damn ballet flats didn't fit right. What a crappy day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment