My back is a lot better now, it's only really sore when I get up in the morning and then it's fine all day. Today, I go back to the gym for some cardio. I will be avoiding lifting and yoga for at least another week so that I can fully heal. I am going back to Pilates tonight to see how everything feels.
Anyway, because I cannot control myself, I have done some shopping recently. Let me start at the beginning. I found Rue La La from Amy's blog. It's this lovely little invite only site that hosts 48 hour sample sales from awesome designers. The stuff is at least 50% off for the most part. I got a Tommy Bahama bathing suit a few months ago for less then half of the normal price and it was glorious. And because I love you all, you can consider yourself invited to join by clicking here. Just a word of advice though - don't dawdle. Sales generally open at 11am and the good stuff sells out FAST...so you have to be on top of your game.
Anyway, I noticed that lululemon athletica was one of the sales that they were hosting, and I've frequently noticed my pilates instructors wearing that label, so I decided to check it out. The prices were good and I got some capri pants. And I received them last week and OH MY GOD THEY ARE AWESOME. They are so comfortable I wish to never wear anything else. I checked out their website, and noted that most of the pants are around $100 full price. FOR GYM PANTS. Which is clearly ridiculous, but you get what you pay for I guess. Anyway, I found the sale section of their site and ordered a couple more pairs of pants...but it would be difficult to convince me to pay full price for anything. Here's a link to the sale "loot" section. Enjoy. And here are some examples of the pants I've ordered and want to live inside of.
Now that I'm going back to the gym, and I know I have to travel again for two weeks in September, it's time to pull my shit under control. I've started a damn food journal today. I know, I know, it's the best way to keep track of what you're doing and it's proven really effective, blah blah blah, but it's kind of annoying. Both because I have to remember to write everything down and because I don't want to really see how much I'm eating some days. But I can definitely suck it up and do it for at least a month. Maybe it'll become habit and then I'll continue it. Who knows. First entry: egg and cheese bagel, 500 calories (I had an extra bagel on hand from the weekend, sue me). Not starting out too well. Ugh.

2 comments:
1. You sound like my participants with the blah blah blah food log stuff. SHUSH and do it, it works. :) (PS, are you at your computer all the time? I have an Excel doc that you can plug in cals and it adds up. E me if you want it.)
2. I LOOOOOVE (but have never bought, just tried on and twirled around in many dressing rooms) Lululemon. Asked for them for Christmas and my mom just laughed at me.
3. I am shopping at work. Stop this, you're fueling something bad!
thanks for the shout-out :) glad you liked rue-la-la... its pretty awesome!!
Post a Comment