Tuesday, May 5, 2009

i'm a stinky updater

I promised a hilarious picture like two weeks ago and didn't follow through. I'm lame. Anyway, here it is: me in a westernwear store wearing the boots and hat which I wound up buying based on their awesomeness.


Exciting, right?

I'm on vacation this week! I'm taking pictures, so I'll have a picture update at some point. Saturday night was Danny and AT's wedding in Gainesville, and it was lovely. Except for the part where I took ONE PICTURE at the ceremony and then my camera said "memory card full." So I had to delete some stuff on the way to the reception in order to take more pictures. Fortunately, Chris was playing photographer for the wedding festivities, so I can easily steal pictures from him.

After the weekend in Gainesville and visiting Katie, I drove down to Fort Myers Beach on Sunday for the Leeann's Bachelorette Extravaganza week. And IT IS FANTASTIC. The house is right on the beach, so when we wake up in the morning and look outside, all we see is ocean. To make things even better, it's been about 90 degrees outside but with a strong breeze so you don't even feel hot. Sunday night we had the crazy drinking night, and other than that we've just been hanging out. I've read 1.5 books already. And my spray tan looks good enough on the beach that the light reflecting off of my legs isn't blinding me for the first time ever. I am however, wearing SPF 100 all over my body...and reapplying with SPF 50 every two hours (unless I swim. Once I swim, back to 100 I go). I went for a swim yesterday and the water was perfect. However, when I was returning to shore, I saw two rays swimming there. Just chillin. You may know that I HATE FISH so I was unimpressed that I could see them in the water with me, but apparently as long as I don't step on the rays they'll leave me alone, so I guess that's fine.

Also, for those of you that are interested, the house next door has an awesome manatee mailbox that will be photographed with my phone and picture messaged to you. Because it is amazing.

Anyway, the girls have decided to do this every year because of how great it is. I would like to do this year round personally. Wake up, eat breakfast, lay on beach, eat snack, lay on beach, read, eat lunch, nap, shower, read and/or walk on the beach, eat dinner, read, sleep. Best day ever.

I'll update with pics when I return to the CLT.

No comments: