Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Boooo shoes, yay coat!

So sadly, the little open toe booties I told you about in the last post did not fit when they arrived. Like AT ALL. My feet were about twice as wide as the shoe. So those had to be returned. It was a sad day, but I feel that with enough shopping, I will be able to find a cute pair of booties. I will just have to do so in person so that they can be tried on.


To cheer myself up, I purchased this DKNY down jacket. First of all, it was originally $260 and I got it for $60, so right away that's a huge score. Second of all, the down jacket that I currently own is just awful for the following reasons:


  1. I got it at Abercrombie my freshman year at Wake (read: it's small, and borderline cropped).

  2. It is bright baby blue.

  3. It has no discernible waistline, and therefore makes me look like a blue marshmallow.

I don't have a lot of need for a down jacket, but I think $60 is an appropriate price for the few late season Wake football games and walking to work during the 3 weeks of winter that necessitate down jackets in Charlotte. And it's not terribly trendy, so I intend to own it for several years. I mean the horrible one lasted for nearly 8 years. So this one should be a staple of my outerwear wardrobe for quite some time.


Nothing else exciting to mention today, so I shall take my leave and update again soon. I'm headed to NJ this weekend, so let the tax-free shopping commence!

No comments: