So I've been really good about my food diary situation this week. Once you get past the annoying factor, it's actually really helpful. First of all, I almost can't believe that I've never stuck with this before, because I LOVE budgeting (I'm an accountant after all). I think I've always stopped doing it because I've become so disgusted with my food intake, and I'm afraid that this is going to cause me to become some kind of food and exercise nazi, which I don't really want to do.
But the main benefit, I think, is that it has shown me how vitally important it is for me to get my fat ass to the gym every day. I mean to be able to come in a few hundred calories under what my body has used for the day, I have got to go to the gym - even on my best diet days. And God forbid I want to eat at a restaurant...twice a day working out is essential to break even in most cases. I need to stop doing that.
Anyway, I've been a bit handicapped because I'm not supposed to start lifting again until next week due to my shoulder injury. I did go back to pilates this week and modified my movement to keep my shoulder out of it, and it worked pretty well, so that's good. When I go back to lifting next week, I should be able to get myself at more of a calorie deficit.
The weekend is going to be hard. I typically don't do any working out, and I generally replace my normally low-calorie breakfast and lunch with bagels, so that does not work well. I think I have the motivation to at least do the EA Active game on my Wii for a half hour on each weekend day. That will at least give me a little bit of wiggle room...and might allow me to break even both days, if I'm lucky. So far this week, Monday through Thursday, I am at a 1,774 calorie deficit, Yay! My goal is about 2,000 per week. I know to lose a pound you need to hit 3,500, but I just don't think I can actually maintain that. I'd like to keep my goals reasonable.
I need to get this out there - Wednesday nights, my girls and I go to dinner before line dancing lessons. This week I suggested Moe's. Because, no lie, their website has the best nutritional information ever. You pick what you usually get, and then you can remove stuff that you leave out and add stuff on as you wish and it shows you how the meal changes. It convinced me to get the junior burrito instead of the mega-huge normal one. However, the worst part of the meal is, of course, the chips. The side of chips that you get with your burrito has 375 calories! 375! That's more than the burrito! If I didn't love Moe's queso dip like it was my first born child, I think I would have skipped the chips all together and just gotten the bigger burrito (chicken, no beans, no cheese, lots of grilled veggies. Just like I like it).
Anywho, that's about it for me this week. We're heading to the Def Leppard/Poison concert tomorrow night (hilarious, right?) and I'm already planning ahead for my tailgate food intake. I'll update again soon!
Oh, and I bought these for 50% off recently...they are so cute, I want to cry. They are Puma, and they will be joining me in Italy in October. :)


1 comment:
Do I even need to comment? You know I love this post. Sweet sweet music to my food logging ears.
Post a Comment