Sometimes I get busy and forget to update for a while. Sorry about that.
I will start by answering the question that I've gotten from numerous people, about the purse. I think I've settled on the yellow one, I would really like a yellow purse for spring (yellow looks like it's going to be spring's answer to fall's purple this year). I haven't bought it yet because I'm trying to behave myself, but it's only a matter of time.
Last week, the company I work for had layoffs. Over the 10 offices, 10% of employees were let go. I knew that the chances of me being let go were extremely small (I fortunately have a LOT of experience in the one type of client base that is currently making us money, thank god), but it was still quite the wake up call. It also caused me to become slightly depressed, because now no matter how much I'm asked to travel, or work 80 hour weeks, or work on clients that I loathe, I can't turn it down for fear of future layoffs. Don't ever not quit your job because you think to yourself "I could quit at any time, no biggie." Because eventually you come across a time like this, where there is no way out. My future at this company will be 100% based on how I'm treated in the current economy. If I am taken advantage of (as in "Jen, we're going to need you to travel 60% of the year instead of your normal 40%, which was already too much, because we know that you can't do anything about it"), I will quit the first chance that I have once things shape up. I hope that doesn't happen, because it will cause me to be REALLY unhappy while I'm still employed here, but we'll see.
I get to be in Charlotte this week, and then I'm out for 5 weeks. Awesome. I'm going to cook diner every night because I won't get to do that again for a while. Blake's family is coming in for the weekend (including his sister, who just got engaged, congrats Ash), and I have AT's bridal shower/bachelorette party on Saturday, so I should be pretty busy. And then I head back to New Orleans. I actually hated it much less than normal this time. I think I've become at one with it. I'd still rather be in Charlotte, and I would never voluntarily vacation there, but it's acceptable for work travel.
Ok, I have MUCH to do at work this week, so I must dash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment