Monday, March 16, 2009

UGGGGH

You know what makes for a crappy start to a week? Getting a voicemail on Monday morning from your gym saying that they want to "discuss some upcoming changes to membership fees starting in April." Now, there's no way the fees are going down, so this cannot be a good thing.

Granted, my fees haven't gone up since I joined the gym in 2006, but they're already pricey. If they increase by more than $15/month, I'm quitting on the spot. The Y is about half the price (and only a few blocks further away) and actually, I've been wanting to force myself to become a runner anyway (it's the best form of cardio), and that would be free. Especially since we have a bench and free weights at home for lifting.

There is a great possibility that my "gym at lunch" routine will come to a close and I'll be on more of a run 3 times a week for cardio routine. If I can get my fat ass to run for more than 30 minutes at a time, this should work out pretty well.

I wish I had a house with room for an elliptical. Boo.

1 comment:

meg cline said...

Uh oh! Gym changes are never fun. I walked up to mine last week to find it CLOSED up and locked. Apparently a landlord dispute. Ummmm??? So I'm still trying to figure that one out. This is the perfect time to start running - start in the spring/summer and see if you like it. If it's not your thing, then you can always join the gym in the fall again! It's great stress relief to do at lunch.