So yesterday I open Amazon while I'm bored at work, because I figure I'll take a peek at their new kindle book offerings, and what do I see? Only that the Kindle I ordered two weeks ago has decreased in price by $40. Greeeeeat. Of course it has.
For a few minutes I was mad, and then I was like "wait...I'm just going to email them and, as politely as I can, inform them that I'm still within my 30-day return window and therefore I'd like a $40 refund. And that if I don't get a $40 refund, I'll return my current Kindle and order a brand new one for the new price. And they will be stuck with a used Kindle to refurbish and sell for even less." I sent an email to customer service, and with zero argument, about 3 hours later they wrote back to tell me they would refund me the $40.
Basically, what I'm saying here is that Amazon is awesome, you should all use them all the time, and you should all now buy Kindles because they're only $259. And they're the best things ever. I can't believe that getting this price adjustment was easier than getting one on a pair of jeans from the Gap. Ridiculous(ly fantastic).
I'm bored at work this week, which has enabled me to do a bunch of Italy planning with the help of the internet (which I don't have at home) and a printer (which I do have at home, but it's inkless currently). So yay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment