We got to Venice around noon and, of course, got totally lost trying to locate our hotel. Once we found it though, it was in an awesome location. If you ever go to Venice, stay here. It was a 5 minute walk to the Rialto bridge and a 5 minute walk to St. Mark's square, so it was right in between the two major sights. It was great.
That afternoon, we went to tour the Accademia gallery (no pics allowed, sorry). Other than that, we basically just did a lot of walking around. On our evening wander, we stumbled upon St. Mark's square, and it is awesome at night. Though I have no pics to prove it. Oh well.
The next day, we decided to walk to the Frari church, which was on the other side of the canal. So we went over the Rialto bridge (great shopping) so get there. We, of course, got a bit lost, but found it eventually. After that, we went to St. Mark's square (also good shopping, but a bit overpriced) and toured the Basilica and Doge's palace. And also ate gelato. Because I had that just about every day.
That afternoon, we went to tour the Accademia gallery (no pics allowed, sorry). Other than that, we basically just did a lot of walking around. On our evening wander, we stumbled upon St. Mark's square, and it is awesome at night. Though I have no pics to prove it. Oh well.
The next day, we decided to walk to the Frari church, which was on the other side of the canal. So we went over the Rialto bridge (great shopping) so get there. We, of course, got a bit lost, but found it eventually. After that, we went to St. Mark's square (also good shopping, but a bit overpriced) and toured the Basilica and Doge's palace. And also ate gelato. Because I had that just about every day.
St. Mark's Basilica
Clock tower on St. Mark's square...with a very cooperative pigeon that wound up making this picture really cool.
Doge's Palace exterior
Doge's Palace courtyard
Shot of an island from the Doge's Palace second floor window
The next afternoon, we left for Bologna. That will be the next post (probably not until tomorrow though. I have to do some kind of work today at least).

2 comments:
Justin and I went here on our honeymoon... it is one of my favorite places ever! I could have stayed forever
Loved your pictures here! Esp the one with the pigeon... that is awesome. Did you see the WFU house at all?
Post a Comment