Thursday, October 29, 2009

Siena

First of all, I will say that if you ever go to Italy, go to Siena. It's really awesome. There's not much to do but wander and hang out and eat amazing foods and drink delicious wines. There's also some solid shopping. And if you go to Siena, stay here. Beautiful hotel. With amazing views. In fact, here's a view from our hotel room right now.

Hello, Tuscan hills.

There's a cathedral and a main square, called Il Campo, in the center of town that was an easy walk from the hotel. On the way, we stopped for lunch and oh my god it was amazing. I had gnocchi in a carrot and walnut cream sauce. SO GOOD. After that we hit the cathedral, wandered on the square, and ate gelato (naturally).


Cathedral

Clock tower/town hall building

Il campo


We also found a great dinner destination filled with locals that was fantastic. We each got a little jug of wine, that wound up being like 3 glasses, for like 6 euros, and since we were in Tuscany, it was really good. I can't remember exactly what my meal was, but I think it was a tortelloni in some kind of delicious wine sauce. After dinner we did some shopping and I got the awesome purple purse from the previous post.


I wish we had stayed there fore more than one night, even though there wasn't much to do. I easily could have done a half day wine tasting tour the next day and eaten more of the region's food for another day. I will definitely make a return trip at some point.

No comments: