Thursday, October 29, 2009

Milan

Before you get too excited, I realized that apparently I wasn't into taking pictures in Milan...because I hardly have any. But I'll post anyway.

We started our trip on Milan. I flew out on an overnight flight from Charlotte to Philadelphia to Rome on a Sunday and arrived in Rome Monday morning, only to take a train directly to Milan (4.5 hours). I was, clearly, exhausted when I arrived, and my mom wasn't coming until the next day, so I got some food and then slept. Not very exciting.

Side note though: I flew first class over there (thank you, rewards points) and it was AWESOME. The flight was almost a vacation in itself. I will never fly coach overseas again. EVER.

Tuesday, my mom arrived around noon and we had to kamikaze attack Milan in one day. We weren't able to get reservations to see the Last Supper, so we didn't have too much to do. We grabbed a quick and delicious lunch and then toured the Duomo and went to Sforza Castle (which I somehow forgot to take ANY pictures of. WTF. Lack of sleep was clouding my judgement I guess).



Duomo

Fountain that I'm pretty sure was right outside of Sforza Castle.

After some walking around near the hotel and eating dinner, we passed out pretty hard. The next morning we were off to Venice. That will be the next post. And don't worry, I took about 100 pictures there, so you will be entertained. :)

No comments: