Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I've been back in the US for three weeks so...

...it was high time I started planning my next European vacation. Now that I've gone once, I want to go back annually while I can (I mean I'm not getting any younger and once I start having kids all of my fun will be over for at least 18 years...I really should have started doing this about 5 years ago). In summer 2011, we already have plans to be in Sweden for Blake's cousin's wedding, so I'm planning to create a Scandinavian vacation surrounding that event, but 2010 is still open.

I've decided on France for two weeks. I ran to the 'brary to get some guidebooks for preliminary research (tip from Jen: never actually buy a guidebook until you book your flight...they get outdated FAST). I think I'm going to hit Paris, Nice, Avignon, Lyon, and the Loire Valley. I'll spend most of the time (I think 5 nights) in Paris though.

I speak zero French, I have no one to go with me (again, Blake has already been to Europe and is totally over it), and the exchange rate still sucks, but I figure I have at least 6 months before I book a flight so those things can work themselves out. Now I just need to stockpile hotel points and airline miles and STOP SHOPPING to save some cash. Says the girl who five minutes ago purchased a new bathing suit from Tommy Bahama (they sent me a $50 gift card in the mail and I leave for St. Thomas this weekend, so this purchase was TOTALLY necessary).

Any advise from those of you that have been to France? Or anyone that wants to join me? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been to Paris, Nice, and Avignon..... Paris is a must go!! Avignon I would skip.. there really isn't a ton of stuff to do there... we saw the Palace of the Popes which was actually not very exciting and then left... Nice is nice (haha) because you can take a drive to Monaco and Monte Carlo (maybe a hour trip) and ride on the same road that Princess Grace died on (it really is a scary drive but it is GORGEOUS and you have to do it!!).

I love traveling too... its good that you are making plans to see everything now!!!