Monday, November 2, 2009

Vernazza

Vernazza is one of the towns that makes up the Cinque Terre. They're five little towns built into hills on the water, and they are really best known for the plentiful hiking trails in the area. I just wanted to go so I could say I spent time on the Italian Riviera. Unfortunately, it rained the whole way there and the whole time we were there. I got a few pictures when the rain briefly stopped.






The way there was a disaster because our train was running late so we missed our connection and wound up sitting at a train station for two hours. By the time we found the hotel (which was lovely) we just wanted to eat and go to bed, so we did. The next day check out was at 10am (what????) and our train to Rome wasn't until 1, so we did a fair amount of sitting around and going to the internet cafe. Fun.

I bet it would be awesome if the weather was nice and I wanted to hike, but it wound up being a bit out of the way of everywhere else and added a lot of unnecessary travel to the trip. But you can't change the weather, so what can you do? At least we relaxed a bit.

I'll start up the Rome posts tomorrow. :)

No comments: