Sorry for the long time between Italy posts; it's a long story that involves going to the World Series last minute (awesome pics from that coming up too, I promise). I'm going to separate my Rome stuff into three posts, so here is the first one on the Vatican City sites.
We went to the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's the first day we were in Rome because it was raining and those are both largely indoor activities. After seeing the museum and the church, we went to the Piazza del Popolo and wandered around. I don't have many pictures as a result of the rain and the fact that flash photography was allowed pretty much nowhere, But here's a few things.
We went to the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's the first day we were in Rome because it was raining and those are both largely indoor activities. After seeing the museum and the church, we went to the Piazza del Popolo and wandered around. I don't have many pictures as a result of the rain and the fact that flash photography was allowed pretty much nowhere, But here's a few things.
View of St. Peter's from a window in the Vatican Museum
Sistene Ceiling
Michaelangelo's Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica
Piazza del Popolo
Piazza del Popolo
Piazza del Popolo
The next post will be a picture-heavy Ancient Rome post, so be on the lookout for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment