Monday, November 9, 2009

Random updates



Bullet points save time, right?
  • I have to work a full week this week. I haven't done that since the week of October 5. It's not great.
  • Had to bring my car in for an oil change and new brake pads...how this work didn't technically total my car I'll never be sure. Damn you, unexpected expenses.
  • I'm quitting the gym. This discussion requires more clarification and I can't indent bullet points on here, which is BS. Long story short, gym = $92/month, I haven't been there in over 6 weeks, I travel too much for this to be worth it, and the county gym one block from my house is $240/YEAR. They won't do my laundry, but they will save me about $850/year.
  • Is it considered savings when I'll likely spend most of that on a bike and related biking accessories? And running gear (see next point)?
  • I've taken up running outside. More like run/walking with a heavy emphasis on the walking. I can only go between a quarter and a half mile without stopping to walk. My goal for the next two weeks is to be able to run for a mile without stopping to walk. Am I too lazy to accomplish this? We shall see.
  • I'm going to an adult tap dancing class tomorrow night. I hope that this is awesome and it becomes my Tuesday night routine, because it sounds like it has some serious potential.
  • I wonder if there are adult figure skating classes around here anywhere...
  • Back to line dancing this week! I'm afraid I've forgotten everything since the last time I was there. Hopefully not.
  • I'm back into my cooking routine...making parmesean risotto with bacon and peas with a side salad tonight. Blake will not be pleased with the percentage of meat involved, but it sounds so tasty! The left overs are going to make risotto cakes on Thursday and everything!
  • Sometimes, I get a 25% off coupon for Banana Republic. Then I go use it. And then the next day I get an email from them with a 30% off coupon enclosed. Bastards. I'm not supposed to be shopping right now.
  • We're kitty-sitting for Carrie and Scott's 4 week old kitten that they've been raising since about 5 minutes after it was born and its mommy abandoned it. PLEASE LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS. Hopefully our cats won't try to eat her.

That is all.

No comments: