Friday, November 6, 2009

Rome: Other random stuff

As I have mentioned, we did a lot of wandering in Rome, so I do have several other pictures of sites to share. And here they are.

This is a view of St. Peter's from our hotel room. We stayed a bit outside of the city center because I wanted to use my Marriott points. The hotel had a shuttle to and from the city every half hour and it was also only two blocks to the train station that connected with the Metro line, so it saved money and worked out pretty well.


Here's the Spanish Steps. We hung out in this area for shopping and food a few times.


Here is a view of Piazza Navona. In case you are unaware and have never read Angels and Demons, there are a crap-loan of squares and fountains in Rome.

Unfortunately, this is the best picture I got of the Trevi fountain. And my mom's hand is in it. It's apparently much more awesome looking at night, but it is also difficult to get good pictures then.

This is a stray cat that we say sitting on a motorcycle seat at a train station in Ostia Antica. Cuuute.


And that concludes my Italy posts. There were several other interesting things to do and see in Rome, so I feel like I could go back there 100 times and not see everything. If I was to make a return trip to Italy though, I would definitely go back to Venice (2 days), Siena (2 days), Florence (2-3 days), and Rome (2-3 days). I would also like to explore a bit south of Rome, like in Sorrento and Capri. Maybe when I can convince Blake to come with me some day, and when the exchange rate isn't a complete botch, I can make that happen.

No comments: