Saturday, March 28, 2009

F.

I was all set to win some money in the basketball pool...and then Pitt lost. And i picked them to win it all. Bastards. Now I'm going to have to be able to afford a new spring purse all on my own.

Speaking of purses (which I realize I'm doing a lot of lately) I may have moved past my desire to get a yellow one. Here's the issue. The Kate Spade one below,
which I love, is in no store anywhere near here. Which is a problem because with yellow you really need to see it to make sure that it's like a buttery soft yellow and not a bright neon yellow and you can't always tell on a website. Here are a couple of new Coach offerings. I can't tell if the pink one is bigger than the yellow one from the previous post (which I have seen in person and while I like it, I find it to be a bit smaller than I'd like), but the straw one is. Thoughts?






I went to the mall today expecting, once again, to get a price adjustment and leave, and once again I spent a bunch of money. Damn you, New Orleans. You cause me to be depressed and therefore to shop. And I'm going home for a wedding next weekend, so I'm definitely going to shop there. Bonus: I'm going to check out the awesome shoe store near mom's house and see what they have to offer before settling on a pair of black strappy gladiator sandals. I may also buy a purse. And a bunch of clothes (there's no sales tax on clothes and shoes in NJ and it is glorious).

I'm back in New Orleans this week and then NJ for the weekend and then in CLT for two weeks straight (yay). I got a pair of legit running shoes today so as soon as the rain subsides I'm going to see how long I can go outside and actually run for (estimate: 3 minutes). I'm actually pretty pumped about these shoes and may go get a second pair to leave at the gym. I have problems with running shoes a lot because in my regular size they always rub against the back of my feet and cause blisters, and in a size down they are always too narrow. But today, I tried on a pair of Asics in a juniors size 4 and they fit perfectly. Just like my kids size 4 Uggs. So if your feet are short and fat like mine, I highly suggest giving this a try. Bonus: they were $40 and the adult version was $65. Score.

Ok that's about it. I think I'll go to bed now.

2 comments:

Just Add Walter said...

I have the same problem with tennis shoes.. I think heels are so much more comfy... running in heels?!

Meg said...

Darn, I was really feeling the yellow. It's going to take me awhile to accept that you're moving on... sigh.

I also had Pitt winning it all. NOT pleased. I also had Wake going quite far, and well, we know what happened w that.