Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Laughing Cow cheese

As you probably know, I have a bit of what I like to call a "cheese obsession." Every day, Blake challenges me to not eat cheese of some sort, and every day I fail. I eat something cheesy every single day. I think that's the Italian in me.


Anyway, at the Teeter this weekend, I was looking for some cheese for an afternoon snack. I had wanted the baby Gouda rounds from Babybel, but they were out. I briefly considered the original flavor, but decided to pass. Then I remembered the commercial I always see for the Laughing Cow Light cheeses. My Teeter has a fantastic cheese collection, so I was able to find those pretty easily. I purchased the French Onion flavor and moved on.


The good thing about this spreadable cheese is that it comes in 8 wedges (and you know how I loves me some forced portion control) that are each only 35 calories. So when I spread a wedge over a sesame Wasa wafer, I got a delicious 100 calorie snack. I will say that it didn't really taste like French Onion so much, but it was good and it satisfied my cheese craving for a lot less calories and fat than my normal gourmet cheese snack. But I do like to mix it up a little, so I'm hoping to run into the Babybel Gouda next week (only 80 calories each. Yay!).

1 comment:

MissJordyPants said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh no!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TV_SUNDAY_NIGHT_SEX?SITE=WWL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

(I forgot this existed)