Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sometimes things just go my way

So you all know how I feel about price adjustments. The only thing that is better then the all-important price adjustment is when you see something you really want but you don't buy it and then it goes on sale. This weekend my sister and I were at the mall and we went into Aldo (love). I saw two pairs of shoes that I wanted, as well as a pair that I already have in one color but it's so comfortable I want it in another color too. But I was not prepared to drop $300 on shoes due to my overwhelming amount of BR purchases of late. My sister got three pairs of shoes. I don't know how she can afford them. But then again, I shopped a lot in college too.

Today, I went online, and saw that ALL THREE pairs are now on sale. $200 for three pairs of shoes sounds much better than $300.

I really heart these shoes. They are a pale yellow and would look killer with navy blue. Unfortunately, I usually avoid navy blue because I don't have appropriate shoes. I can solve that problem by buying these shoes. And then buying a navy blue dress that I've had my eye on at BR. And the grass green skirt from BR too...which would look good with yellow as well. And a yellow shirt to go with it. (You're probably thinking right now that buying these shoes will result in a further $500 being spent on clothes to go with them...but you have to realize that I don't care.)


The first pair below are pretty cute as well. I considered ordering them online, but when I tried on the floor sample this weekend they were slightly uncomfortable, so I need to try them on again before I commit. Whenever I buy new shoes I think to myself "Do I have another pair of shoes that I could easily wear with the same outfits as I'd wear these with?" If the answer is yes, I then ask myself "But is the other pair sub-par in some way and I can evict it from my shoe wall to replace it with these new shoes?" This first pair is very different from my other black sandals, so it qualifies for purchase. This second pair (which I already have in tan but is SO COMFORTABLE that I want them in every color now) looks like another black pair that I have, but that pair was $39 at Off-Broadway Shoe Warehouse and will probably fall apart any day, so it can easily be evicted. Perfect.



I have a serious shopping problem. It's amazing that I'm able to save any money at all.

No comments: