Monday, May 5, 2008

Tax rebates!

So this has to be the best thing ever to happen on a Monday morning. I was checking my bank account balance, as I always do on Monday mornings, and it appeared unusually high. I was afraid I had forgotten to pay my student loan or something, so I looked at it more closely...and noticed $600 from the government. Happy day!

Now, I really am happy about this because I have spent $400 at BR in the past two weeks (but I did manage to get that price-adjusted on Saturday, so we're down to $350), and Blake's birthday is Friday so I spent in the $300-region for that, and I can use this extra money. However, I also have a frequent-travel bonus coming in a few weeks ($240!) and a birthday coming up in a month, so I'm not really hurting for cash. And therefore, when my mom comes here this weekend, there is a high chance that an expensive coach bag will be acquired.

I have been obsessed with this particular bag for MONTHS. I wanted it in deep red, which it no longer comes in, but at $800 it's a little high to request as a Christmas present. And my sister was greatly uncooperative when I suggested that she work at Coach again this Christmas so I could get it for 50% off. The only issue I saw was that it can't be put over your shoulder, which could get annoying...but it's so pretty.



Then, at the mall in Houston last week, I stumbled upon this one. It's so cute! It's only a little bit smaller (both are more than big enough to hold all of my necessaries as well as my work-stilettoes for my hike in the morning), it's $200 cheaper (and therefore directly within government-rebate range) AND it can be worn over the shoulder. Which I know because I walked around the store with it on my shoulder to see how I felt about it. I felt good.



There are a LOT of other things I want to buy right now, but I can probably wait for my birthday for those. I haven't bought a fancy new purse in like a year and a half. Unless you count my Coach computer bag, which I don't because my mom got it for me at the outlet.

Also at the mall this weekend I almost got another cat. I have always upheld that we can't have more than two cats because if the cat to person ratio in our house exceeds 1:1 we would be weird cat people. But I was willing to become a weird cat person for this particular cat. She was 2, just like our boys, and female, which is good because when you bring a new cat into a home with males, they don't feel as threatened if it's a female. She only weighed 5 pounds, so she was even tinier than Norman, which I didn't even think was possible, and which means she'd be easy to accommodate in our tiny condo. Her name was Cupcake, which I took as a sign because I love cupcakes, and she was wearing a harness and had a leash, which means she'll walk on a leash (don't judge me, Blake got a harness and leash to try out on our boys at Target last week. I think he's insane, and I don't want to be seen walking a cat). She would be in my house right now except that I noticed she had an "I've already been adopted" sign on her crate. I was happy that she got adopted and everything, but I wish she was mine. We're in trouble when I go back to the Humane society to volunteer. I have to try to not let myself get another kitty.

Nothing else really exciting this weekend, Jackie was in town so we went out Saturday night, but that's about it. Good times.

1 comment:

MissJordyPants said...

I have a cat leash! My kitties hated the feel of concrete on their feet and freaked out. They're too pampered for exercise. But as they are both in the 15 pound range, it might be time to hit the walking path.

(I'm kidding. I'd look crazy)