Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Activities

This weekend was busy, but I got a lot done. My mom was in town. Saturday we went to the uptown Farmers' Market which was fabulous. We then got pedicures and went to the mall where I purchased a number of items. I did not, however, purchase the Coach bag that I planned to buy. I went to look at it again, and I like it and everything, but I don't know if I $600 like it. I'm going to wait for my birthday next month and reevaluate.

I bought two of the three pairs of Also shoes that I mentioned in my post last week: the yellow ones and the slingbacks. I didn't get the peep toe pumps because I got these at Steve Madden instead. They had a buy one get one 50% off thing going on and my mom was buying one pair, so I felt that I needed to get one too so we could both save some money. Here they are:

I couldn't give my money away at Banana Republic unfortunately (the navy blue dress I wanted looked terrible on. There was something really weird and poofy going on in the back). But I got this little pink and black number for $50 at the Ann Taylor Loft. I'm wearing it today without the ribbon belt, with the straps attached, and with a 3/4 sleeve black BR cardigan over it. I'm liking it.


I also got this green dress at Ann Taylor for Jessie Stew's wedding in a few weeks. I'm going to summer it up by adding the below jewelry that I got at Aldo and my new yellow shoes. You all know how I feel about dresses that enable me to wear my regular bras underneath, so this was clearly a winner. I'm pretty pumped up to go to Charleston for the festivities. It's gong to be a fun one.


Sunday, we went to Home Depot and started pricing the cabinets that we want to add in our dining area. It's looking like if we install them ourselves (and by ourselves I mean Blake, my dad, and possibly Susan's husband because he's an architect and he knows what he's doing), it'll cost roughly what our mortgage-interest-related tax refund was, so I think we should do it. As long as I can convince Blake that a built-in kegerator is asinine (he's 26. it is the worst idea ever, and it will destroy value we're attempting to add to our home), I think we'll do it. I'm pretty pumped for added cabinet space so that I can buy more appliances.

When my mom left, I made this recipe for dinner: Cheesy Baked Tortellini. I wanted to make something casserole-like because I'm going to want to eat leftovers tonight after Yoga since I'll get home too late to cook something new. I also needed marinara sauce for the recipe, so I tried this recipe out of my Everyday Italian cookbook. It's pretty good. Adding carrots and celery to marinara sauce is a little bit weird to me, but at least I'm sneaking in veggies to Blake's food so that he'll actually eat them.

That's about it. I slacked on the gym this weekend, so I'm heading back in full force today. Goal: to not pass out at the end of Yoga this week. Awesome.

No comments: