So I mentioned Speed Street in my last post...well apparently, the street parking that I have a city issued permit for can't be used during this debacle...and I was walking home from work yesterday and noticed that my car, and all of the other cars that were parked in the area, had been towed. It was after 5 at this point, so there was basically nothing that I could do to retrieve it. So I have to deal with that today. Bye bye $100 birthday cash from Blake's family. I was hoping to spend that on something not awful.
So anyway, I was obviously pissed about the car towing, so I decided to take a walk to release some steam. I wanted to walk to the new Best Buy and figure out what time it opened on Saturday so that I could be a Wii-buying-psycho. It's about 1.25 miles and it was really nice out yesterday, so it was a nice walk. And then I get there...and the Best Buy is OPEN. So I go in there an amass nearly $600 worth of Wii and accessories (thank you, tax rebate. I was really just doing my civic duty and putting that back into the economy, right?). And then I realize I have to walk home...and I'm scared that I'll get robbed if I walk all the way back with expensive electronics...fortunately Carrie was coming uptown and I was on her way so she picked me up and dropped me off at home.
Seriously, Wii is awesome. Even though there were several games I couldn't get because they were out of stock (Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Dance Dance Revolution, and Rock Band are officially on my birthday list), it was awesome. Before Blake got home, I set it up and played the Karaoke Revolution American Idol game...good times! And then after Blake ate dinner (and I had some cereal...I literally forgot to eat dinner because I was having so much fun) we played some Wii Sports. Before Blake had come home, I had made our Miis...which are little characters that you design to look like you and you play as them in some games. Blake's looks EXACTLY like him, it's hilarious. We played tennis, golf, bowling and baseball against each other, and then we boxed against the computer (I only got one nunchuck controller, which was necessary for boxing...we need to get another one so we can box each other). I was actually sweating at times. And it was ridiculously fun. And I haven't even opened Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, or Wii Play (more mini games like darts, pool, etc) yet.
So I'm in a much better mood now, regardless of my towed car, although it's going to be a bitch to pick it up today. And Blake got a speeding ticket on his way home last night, so we had a bad car day yesterday. But the Wii even put him in a better mood. It is awesome. I can barely contain myself at work right now because I want to go home and play games. Yay! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment