Saturday, September 20, 2008

Things that Rock

So last weekend, I did a lot of shopping for new gym clothes. And the problem that I always have continued: I couldn't find a damn pair of yoga pants that are the correct length for my 5'2'' frame. They either are 4-6 inches too long, or they are capris. No in between. I swear I tried on every pair of athletic pants that would be reasonable for yoga use at Dick's Sporting Goods, and all I came out with was a pair of capris. Which were nice, but sometimes I don't shave my legs too often in the winter, so a pair of full pants is kind of necessary.

So today I had to go to Target to get a gift bag for a baby shower gift, and I stopped in to the athletic gear section...and oh my god. Not only is most of it (of course) cheaper than what I got at Dick's, but the Champion C9 for Target brand pants COMES IN LENGTHS. This is not only awesome for me (petite length, thank you very much) but would also be awesome for tall people, because they also come in regular and tall. I can't really understand why Nike and Reebok and Underarmor don't do this. It makes perfect sense. You can't exactly wear heels when you're working out so that your pants are the right length. So needless to say, my stop at Target was fantastic. $20 perfect length yoga pants. I heart them.

I went in for my second pilates class today, and it was more of a full house...there were 5 of us. But all of the other people had been going for a while, so the teacher did more of a level 1/2 class, which was great...now I know what to expect from level 2. So I think that after the next two weeks I'm going to upgrade myself. This way, I can go on Wednesday nights. And if I also want to go on Saturday mornings, the level 2 class meets at 10 instead of 11. Yay.

If you're wondering, I made it through my mini-week in New Orleans without getting sick. It actually wasn't bad at all because we were staying at a really fancy hotel with an awesome gym and full free breakfast buffet. We also went to a place that has the best calzones ever for dinner one night. And we brought Alan for his first trip down Bourbon Street...the look on his face when we pointed out the (ahem) "advertising" outside of the live sex show was priceless. He echoed Jon's sentiment from a few weeks ago "I can't even believe this place exists." We don't have to go back there until March now. Score.

I go to Tennessee tomorrow for the week. Cleveland, TN is not very exciting, but the client there is freakin awesome so I have no complaints. Also there is a Moe's right by the office, so I will be eating many burritos. After I get back I get to be in Charlotte, hopefully through the end of the year. I'm sooo excited.

Hope you all have a good weekend, I'll check in from TN sometime soon.

No comments: