I'm back in Charlotte, hopefully for a while. I'm considering going ape-shit if I get told I have to go out of town again until at least November. Anyway, now that I'm back in Charlotte, I have to get back into the swing of my old habits. I went to the gym every day while I was out of town, but the crappy old treadmills in hotel gyms don't quite get the same amount done as the ellipticals at the gym...so I'm going to be going all hardcore on those this week. Also, I'm going to pilates class twice (I've upgraded to the level 2 classes!) once on Wednesday and once on Saturday, and I'm hoping to lift three times this week. I missed a lifting session yesterday and I'm pretty disappointed in myself.
Blake's parents were in town for the weekend, and we all stayed up in Winston after the (awful) football game Saturday. By Sunday morning, I was dying to get back to Charlotte since I had been gone for two weeks and I had a lot of errands to run. I had to actually plan to make dinner again most nights this week, and I wanted to try something new. Susan had told me about Pasta & Provisions a few weeks ago, so I went to check it out.
This is fantastic. It's the closest thing to a legit Italian deli/bakery I've seen since I left NJ to move southward. The selection is so good, I had to force myself to only get dinners for two nights, otherwise we'd be eating only pasta all week long. I also got lunch meat because (and I can't explain how happy this made me) they actually stock Boar's Head Oven Gold Roast Turkey, aka The Best Lunch Meat Ever that I can never find in NC. They apparently have it at Lowe's Foods, but there isn't one around here. So it was a positive experience. I'm probably going to go back there weekly. I had to physically restrain myself from getting a huge loaf of foccacia bread. I'm still trying to lose weight after all.
Last night, I made the chicken ravioli with pomodoro sauce. It was very tasty, although the sauce was a bit too spicy for my liking. Tonight I'm going with an old stand by: fajitas. Totally boring, but Blake loves them and they take less than 30 minutes to throw together so I'm all over that.
I'll be checking in more often now that I'm back at home...hope everyone has a good Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment