Monday, January 5, 2009

Why hello there

I haven't updated in a bit so here's the rundown on what I've been doing these last few blissful non-working days.

We purchased a giant TV to go into the media stand that I pictured in a prior post. And then Blake decided that you can't have a new TV without a new receiver unit. Or a new center speaker. Or a new subwoofer. Or a new...you get the idea. We're poor now and in desperate need of our tax refund please. But it's going to look and sound awesome when we get it all set up. The stand arrives tomorrow!

For New Year's Eve, we attended Susan's 30th birthday dinner, which her husband cooked for a few friends. It was delicious. I had come down with a horrible cold that started getting bad in yoga on Tuesday night, so we made an early night of it. I was in bed by 2. Which was good, because I had to heavily medicate myself to sleep at all with all of the congestion and the coughing.

Thursday I headed up to Richmond for Dana "DLo" Givens' glorious "wedding." I put that in quotations because she actually got married a few months ago in order to make it so that her husband could stay in the country. This was just a reception. But it was a lovely Collins 3A reunion. If only Alannah had not taken ill at the airport on her way down, my life would have been complete. Unfortunately, I relied on Kris's camera for the pictures, and she takes forever to unload and send them (get your shit together, Halfpenny) so all I have to post is Dana's facebook picture below. There will be more to follow. I hope.


When I got back on Saturday afternoon, I was still feeling under the weather, and also mildly depressed that I was going to have to head back to work after two plus weeks of vacation, so I did a fair amount of sitting around. But with sitting around comes online shopping. And as you know, Jen + mild depression + the internet = purchases. Behold - my new favorite shoes. They won't really be appropriate until we get some spring weather, but they're still pretty.


Now I have to get my busy season off on the right foot and be productive today. Sigh.

No comments: