Well kids, I'm not terribly busy at work this time of year, so I think I'm going to take tomorrow off. For two reasons really: 1) because it's boring here and I want to sit on my couch instead, and 2) some children are coming to trick-or-treat around the office, and I don't generally enjoy kids.
Most of the reason that I need the day off though is because I want to early vote. However, apparently that takes about 2 hours around here because everyone and their mom wants to early vote. I almost wonder if it would just be faster to vote next Tuesday, but when confronted with the possibility of taking the day off and using voting as an excuse, it's a pretty easy decision to make. I actually just registered to vote for the first time this year (I know, it's pathetic that this is the third presidential election that I've been eligible to vote for but I only just registered, blah blah blah). And really, without sounding preach-y or forcing you all to listen to my political affiliations, I only registered because the mayor of Charlotte is running for governor, and as a property owner in Charlotte, I want him to win. Because right now all the governors have been from Raleigh, a city where everyone thinks that Charlotte doesn't need any taxpayer money even though we provide a crapload of the taxpayer money in NC, and that is lame. To be completely honest, I don't care for either of the presidential nominees, and I have seriously considered writing in Tim Calhoun, the character from SNL, as my selection for that race.
Anyway, after I get the voting out of the way, I plan to hit the gym, get my first Starbucks hot chocolate of the season (a payoff for hitting the gym 5 times this week), lift and do some yoga, stop at Target, do my baking for the tailgate on Saturday, and make dinner. Somewhere in there I'd also like to sit around and maybe read, but I don't think that sounds like it's going to happen. It's going to be a pretty busy day considering that I was supposed to come to work too.
As I mentioned, our main event this weekend is the football game Saturday...we're playing Duke at home and unfortunately there is a very real possibility that we will lose. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if that happens. Other than that it's just errands and chores the rest of the weekend. And an office watching party at Cory's tonight. Yay.
Have a good weekend. And Happy Halloween! And don't forget to set your clocks back an hour on Saturday night (yay).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
true confessions of mal: this is my first time as a registered voter, too :)
Post a Comment