I've been super busy lately, but I wanted to find time to update today. I forgot to bring my camera to work, but I'm going to upload my pictures from Kelli's wedding later in the week and post them. This will have to be just a text-only post.
Thursday I left work early to head up to Winston-Salem for the Wake vs. Clemson football game, and Wake won! The game was pretty terrible unless you really like watching our defense own people and our offense be unable to score. All that really matters is that we won, so now if we can beat Maryland this Saturday, we have a really good chance of going to the ACC Championship again this year. Yay!
Friday I fully intended to go to work, but then we didn't get home until 1:00 in the morning Thursday night, and when my alarm went off at 6:30, I was like "um...no." So I took the day off. I hit the gym, hung out a bit, and took care of some of the errands that we ordinarily would do over the weekend, knowing that the wedding would cause us to be low on time. I drove to the Vespa dealership, but then I didn't go in...I'm pretty afraid to enter vehicle-purchasing places without Blake. Because (a) I know nothing about buying vehicles and (b) I'm a huge impulse buyer, which is not a good quality to have when I'm in the land of $4,000 scooters. I'm going to try to get Blake to take me there this weekend. Also, Blake's still telling me that I should really test drive one of these things...because he's relatively certain that I'm going to be petrified to drive one, given how I act behind the wheel of his stick-shift car and his boat. But I've weighed options in my mind, and the scooter is pretty much a necessity for me at this point, so I'll have to get over my fear.
Saturday morning I hit pilates and it was good. I walked there to get in some extra exercise. It was really nice outside. While I was there, I signed up to try a private lesson tonight. I would like to do pilates 3 times a week, and I can only make it to two mat classes, so a private lesson is pretty much necessary...although really expensive. I've gone through my finances and made sure that I can afford this luxury. Because I've been really good lately about not shopping, I can do it. Yay. I'll let you all know how it goes later in the week.
When I got home, Blake had picked Bridget up at the airport, and we left for Greenville. And as soon as I got in the car, it started shaking and driving weird. Blake got out at a light before we got on the interstate to look around, but nothing looked off. So we get on the interstate, and no more than 15 miles into our drive, my front right tire blows. Awesome. Did I mention I had the car inspected A WEEK AGO? I mean how do they miss that? Fortunately I had a donut in the trunk and it allegedly can go for 3,000 miles up to 65 mph, so after Blake put it on there, we enjoyed a slow and steady ride to the wedding. I'm going to be buying 4 new tires later this week. Because that shit was scary.
The wedding was fun. It was great to see everyone. I'll post more about it when I get the pictures in. Yesterday we left Greenville around 11 and headed back to Charlotte with a stop at the Cracker Barrel and outlet mall in Gafffney. And then we were going to drop Bridget back at the airport on the way in, but like 5 miles before we get to the airport exit there is an accident that blocks off our entire side of the interstate. They had to re-route us, and luckily Bridget's plane was delayed, so we got her to the airport just in time. I was exhausted when we got home, but I had to do laundry and finish errands. And I had what was easily the most ridiculous and horrible Harris Teeter experience of my life (of maybe it just felt that way because of the tired-ness) and was too cranky to cook dinner. For the rest of the night I did my laundry and mopping and read a book.
I was super tired this morning, but it's going to be a full and busy week at work, so I have to get my ass in gear. The manager and partner that I'm working for are both gone for the week, so I can chill a little bit...but there is still much to get done. Also, I forgot that it is Columbus Day or something (we don't really get off for many fake holidays) and I'm concerned about my gym being open. I swear to god, if I get there at lunch and it is closed I am going to scream. And then I'll probably suck it up and go order some tires instead or something. Sigh. I missed a strength training session last week (it was supposed to happen yesterday but didn't due to the aforementioned crankiness), and I hate missing workouts. Boo.
I'll update again soon. I hope any of you that actually have today off have a lovely day. Also I hate you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment