Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Roundup

This weekend wound up being kind of boring. Well, not Saturday. Saturday I did a whole bunch of stuff, but then Sunday rolled around and I had run out of stuff to do so I read an entire 600 page book. I literally sat on the couch, did the laundry, and read for like 12 hours. Awesome.

Friday there was a partner retreat for the partners in the office, and for some reason a vast majority of the managers were also out of the office...so I left a bit early. Pretty much everyone did. I was planning to do something productive, but it started to rain when I got home, so I sat around and read instead. Then when Blake came home, he wanted to check out the new Trader Joe's, so we did. It was ok. It annoys me that you can't really do a full week's grocery shopping there. I mean they basically have zero produce, which generally makes up 50% of my weekly purchases, so that was lame. I'm going to have to hit the farmers' market tomorrow to make up for it. After that I made some pasta for dinner and then hung out.

Saturday I went to pilates and then I got a haircut. I got brave at the salon and went with the Katie Holmes short bob with the bangs and everything. It looks cute I think, but I'm going to be real tired of these bangs real soon. I have about two weeks to weigh my options, and then I'm either going to have to have them trimmed or grow them out a bit and push them to the side. It was important to cut the hair short now because my hair lady is going on maternity leave next month, so I won't be getting another cut until at least March.

After we watched Wake get completely dominated by Maryland (horrible), we decided to go look at scooters. And I've basically decided to buy one. I'm even considering going all out and getting a motorcycle license so that I can legally drive more than 30mph on it (it should be able to hit about 45 considering my weight). Here's a picture of the model I think I'm going to get...though I can't decide on whether I want the blue and white model or the black and gray.


After that, I did some house cleaning and made a tasty turkey and mashed potato dinner. We are going to have turkey left overs for at least the rest of the week. Haha.

Please watch this clip from SNL this weekend. Amy Poeler is hilarious. I can't believe how much she can move around given that she's due to give birth in like a month. It's crazy. And the clip is very funny.

I really have nothing to say about yesterday. I was so damn bored. I made cookies because I was bored. Which was a terrible idea because now I'm going to eat them. Oh well. They're delicious.

This is a short week because I'm heading to FL t see my dad on Friday afternoon. Yay. I'll post again soon.

No comments: