Friday, October 17, 2008

The Office

Ok, so the first two episodes of the office have been a little bit off. The first one was funny, but it seemed to be much more of a plot moving episode than anything else. The second one had improved. Last night was awesome. It was just back to complete ridiculousness, which is what makes the office great. I think I'm also partial to the episodes that Jan is in because she's so freakin crazy and hilarious. I didn't even miss Pam. In fact, the scenes that they put in there with her didn't really seem to fit in the episode at all...I wish they had cut one and kept in the deleted scene that just posted to nbc.com...because it's hilarious.

I mean for real, Michael was calling the kid "ass-turd" and Dwight was fake-giving birth to a watermelon. These are the things that great Office episodes are made of.

"And the baby will be related to Michael through...delusion." ~Jim

You can view the full episode here.

I've been also giving Kath & Kim a chance because I think Molly Shannon is funny. The show is just ok for now, I'm going to give it a few more episodes before I commit. Selma Blair is really funny. I think my main problem with this show is that they remind me a little bit too much of my mom and sister.

The SNL Thursday Weekend Update was funny too. Blake and I had watched the debate right before, so the first skit made sense but...for some reason this year, the candidates are so ridiculous that the writers barely even have to change the dialogue for it to be funny. Which is pretty sad. I noticed this especially when they spoofed the Vice Presidential debate. Am I the only one that doesn't particularly care for either of the presidential candidates right now? I'm a little sad that I have to actually vote for one of them. Anyway, the weekend update portion of the episode was, as always, hilarious. Amy Poeler is going to be sorely missed when she leaves the show next month.

Last night, I made a tasty butternut squash risotto with a squash that I got at the farmers' market. It was good. I hadn't cooked much this week because I've been at pilates and yoga every night until 8. But it was nice to be able to cook again and not have cereal for dinner. Tonight I'm throwing together some ravioli, and I had to prepare the turkey I'm going to make on Saturday. I have no major plans this weekend, so I get to finally relax a bit. I'm going to pilates tomorrow and then I'm getting a haircut, watching the Wake game, and making some turkey. Sunday I'm going to lift, maybe go for a walk, do some laundry and cleaning, and go to the new Trader Joe's. I'm excited. I was hoping to go scooter shopping on Saturday, but the dealership will be closed by the time the football game is over. Boo.

Hope you all have a good weekend. :)

No comments: