Jordana has tagged me. Tagging makes me embarrassed, because I don't have enough blogging friends to tag back. I'm a blog loser. But, to partake in the fun, I will share the 6 random things about me but then I will not tag 6 other people. Because I can't. LOSER.
1) I'm all pumped up right now because it's starting to feel fall-like in Charlotte. By "fall-like" I mean less than 80 degrees. I am very excited at the prospect that I can soon trot out my fall and winter clothing. Summer's great and all, but I really like cozy sweaters and they're just not practical in NC for the months of April - October. Also, I enjoy boots. And tights. And coats.
2) I got my first turkey of the season to make this weekend. I have a really killer turkey recipe. The first Thanksgiving that Blake and I were together, he didn't get to have a regular Thanksgiving at home because his sister was studying abroad in Spain, so his whole family went there for the holiday. When he got back, I told him I'd make him a real Thanksgiving dinner, so I made my first turkey. Then a month later, when I went to his parents' house over Christmas break and met them for the first time, he actually said to his mother "you should get Jen's turkey recipe. It's really good." I died a little inside. This weekend I'm trying a new recipe...hopefully it will be just as good.
3) I'm actually embarrassed about the amount of money that I now spend monthly on my fitness regimen. I really hope it pays off, so that I don't wind up being poor AND fat.
4) Blake and I are the only people we know who just straight up don't have internet access at our house. We tell people we don't feel like paying for it. And he has a Blackberry, so we can use that in emergency situations. But the real reason is that when we did have it, we found out our neighbors were stealing our signal. So we tried to security enable it. And we couldn't figure out how to. So we cancelled it, assuming our other neighbors also wouldn't be able to figure out how to security enable their internet and we could steal it, but we were wrong. And now we're so mad that our neighbors are apparently smarter than we are that we refuse to get the internet in the house at all.
5) We still have a working Wake Forest issue laptop, even though we graduated more than 3 years ago, and we got the computers 3 years before that. It is a behemoth Frankenstein that we created using half of his and half of mine, because we had to make up for the parts that had crapped out over the years. It currently has my hardware, but Blake's hard drive and battery. Not that we use it much (see #4).
6) I've been super unproductive at work lately and I think it's because I haven't had a proper vacation since July. But I'm trying to hoard my vacation time this year so I can roll some forward because I really want to go to Italy next October. I've been trying to plan this trip for three years, and I'm finally going to do it. I don't care if I have to go alone. It's happening.
That's about it. If you read this and have a blog of your own, consider yourself tagged. And please forget about what a loser I am and that I don't have any blog-friends. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am dumbfounded that you don't have internet. But even more blown away that your Wake laptop still works... well, that half of it still works! I have a black screen and never pulled up the energy to look into fixing it. Super impressed with your behemouth!
Post a Comment