So last night at my pilates lesson, I mentioned to the teacher that I was sore in the arm region because of my yoga class on Sunday. And then I mentioned that Tuesday was usually a lifting day, and I didn't know how that would work because of the soreness. And then she was like "so you do pilates, and yoga, and you lift...that's kind of a lot." And then I realized that I also bang out 45 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. So I'm wondering if my current schedule is becoming too much? Because right now, at least Monday - Friday, I feel bad if I don't work out twice a day. Which is a little scary.
Here is my current sched:
M: 45 minutes of cardio, pilates lesson
T: 45 minutes of cardio, 20-30 minutes lifting
W: 45 minutes of cardio, pilates mat class
T: 45 minutes of cardio, 90 minute yoga class
F: 45 minutes of cardio, 20-30 minutes lifting
S: pilates mat class (when I have time I walk there and back, so that's an hour of low intensity cardio)
S: 45 minutes lifting, 90 minutes yoga (starting last weekend...until then all I did on Sunday was lift)
I will point out also that I eat at least 1800 calories a day, and this crazy schedule that started in late September/early October hasn't caused me to lose a ton of weight or anything...maybe like 3 pounds. So I don't think I'm too nuts. And I mean what else do I do after work during the week? I make dinner and watch TV or read. It's not like I have kids to care for or anything. Although, I'm thinking that now that I'm getting into more vigorous yoga I might scale back lifting to only once or twice a week instead of three times.
So thoughts? Am I crazy? Do I do this because I seriously heart living on a schedule? The answer to that last question is YES. I love schedules. But seriously, is this abnormal and crazy? Because I don't want to be crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't think it's too crazy... but then again I am crazy (in general, not about working out because I haven't been to the gym in forever because I'm too damn busy to get there and back. sad really.)
Are you gaining lots of muscle mass, and thus, not losing tons of weight? Lots of lifting will do that to you!
Post a Comment