Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Divine Intervention

So right after I wrote my last post, I went to the gym. And when I got there, I learned that they are going to be closed for about 5 weeks to do the renovation they've been saying they're going to do for like a year. They close on Thanksgiving and don't open again until January 5. We get passes to the Charlotte YMCA branches while they are closed. Unfortunately, it's going to be nearly impossible for me to go the extra few blocks to the Y and get in an effective cardio workout at lunch within an hour and a half. Plus they won't do my laundry for me. So it looks like I may be unwillingly cutting down on my cardio activity for a while.

I'm really not all that annoyed actually, because of those 5 weeks, I'll be out of town for work one of them and at home for Christmas for another, so I'm only really dealing with 3 weeks of annoyance and then when the gym reopens (god willing on time), it will be all new and super fancy. Of those 3 weeks, I'm only working 2 of them, so maybe I can sneak out for a 2 hour lunch a few days a week without it being a huge issue. I probably can. I can't help but feel a little bit like life is telling me to take a break though. Which I am ok with.

I have been wanting to check out the Y, so at least I have that going for me.

No comments: