Today when I got to work I went about my normal morning web-surfing and apparently they've updated our firewalls so I can no longer get on Facebook from the office. F. I have no idea when I'll get on Facebook ever now since I don't have internet at home. I may have to convince my partner that I need to permanently have a broadband card so that I can go online from my house. Also, they have blocked thesuperficial.com, which makes me super sad. Thank god they haven't caught on to hulu yet.
This weekend was pretty good. Friday I left work early, got Thai Taste with Carrie, went to see Kristin and the baby (she is literally the cutest newborn I have ever seen), and did a fair amount of baking for the upcoming tailgate. I also tried out a new dinner recipe for a chicken and veggie casserole that was delicious. And, of course, I went to Target and spent some money. Naturally.
Saturday we had a big homecoming tailgate. Several of Blake's friends came down from DC for the game as a surprise, so it got a bit out of hand. But it was fun. EW made grilled pizzas for the food, and it was awesome. And we beat Virginia, which was a huge win. There's a decent chance we'll find ourselves back at the ACC Championship game this year, and I'm excited about it. We just have to win our next two games (and Maryland has to lose one of theirs). I'm definitely going to the ACC Championship game this year if we make it. I was unable to go when we made it there two years ago and I was sad.
Sunday I basically did laundry and cleaning and errands and I read a bit. Nothing too exciting. We were supposed to have training today at work, which was going to render me unable to go to the gym, but it has been cancelled, so that's good. Especially since I decided to be lazy on Friday again last week. I ate like an absolute asshat all weekend, so I need to get back into my normal habits. Tailgates are fun and all, but even though I don't drink at them I eat enough to destroy an entire week of healthy lifestyle. Not impressive.
Well, it's a normal week at work now. Except that my head is not in the game today because I expected to have training (and therefore would be able to zone our for 8 hours) and now I actually have to somehow convince my brain to process actual work. It's going to be a struggle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment