Friday when I got home from work, Blake had already left for Raleigh, so I didn't have much to do. I had stopped and picked up Chinese food on my way home. So I lifted, ate my Chinese food, watched some DVR'ed TV from Thursday night, read, and went to bed at about 10. It was good until one of the damn cats started crying at 6am because he wanted water out of the faucet (Wylie almost died this weekend as a result of his whining).
The cooking class was fun on Saturday morning, I ate all sorts of pizza and foccacia and we were sent home with delicious pizza dough and a recipe to replicate it with. Best foccacia ever: caramelized onions, walnuts, and blue cheese. Now, I hate blue cheese something fierce, but used sparingly and melted on this foccacia, it was amazing. So good. I will definitely be making this recipe at some point. And I used some of the dough last night to make pizza...it tastes just like the stuff my mom buys at the Italian bakery in NJ. So I will certainly be using that recipe again...a lot.
And then it was dress shopping time. A time which I normally hate. But it went so well that I got two dresses. I figure that between the Christmas Party, DLo's January 2nd wedding, Rachael's April 4th wedding, and potentially even AT's May 2nd wedding (if it's at night), I should be able to get plenty of wear out of them both. Bonus? They were both on sale for less than $100 a piece. And of course I got some kick ass shoes to go with them. Here are the goods.
Dress #1: Susan and I kind of went into the Jessica McClintock store thinking that we would only find dresses fit for senior prom, but both wound up getting stuff there. Who knew? I will definitely wear this dress to the Christmas party, and DLo's wedding, and I'm obsessed with it. At first, it appeared to be made out of some kind of upholstery fabric, but when I put it on it grew on me. It fits really well. Actually, I think it looks better on me than it does in this weird picture from the website, but that's probably because I'm extremely conceited.

Dress #2: Just before we went to go back to Jessica McClintock and make our purchases, we stopped at Belk. They were having a large sale. Susan actually found the dress she was planning to buy at Jessica McClintock for about $50 less on sale at Belk, so she got it there. I also wound up with this number. Because I love green, and although I didn't think this would be the case, these weird bubble bottoms make my legs look super skinny. This will be worn to the April 4th wedding (it's in NJ, so day or night, it'll still be chilly winter dress weather) and will be considered for the May 2nd wedding in FL if it is a nighttime affair.

Shoes: I wanted something tall and ridiculous, as always, so I wound up with basically these. However, the ones I got were this style but black patent leather rather than crocodile skin. And the band around the platform and the one around the top (where the buckle is) are velvet. I don't know if that description made sense, but I love BCBGirls shoes, and that's what these are.

RANT: WTF is with BCBG dresses? I went into the store and loved at least a dozen of their dresses, but they were ALL strapless. Literally, all of them. Except for the one I liked the best, which had just one weird diagonal strap that would still necessitate a strapless bra. I hate strapless bras. Which is why both of the dresses that I got have straps thick enough to hide a regular bra. Also, most of the dresses appeared to be to short even for me (and I'm 5'2''). Not appropriate for functions that the people who can afford to buy those dresses are going to be attending. END RANT.
Also on Saturday, Wake lost to NC State and effectively ended our chances of going to the ACC Championship game. Piss poor effort. I was so mad when the game ended that I immediately cleaned the bathroom to get my aggression out.
Sunday, I got up early (because of the damn cat crying AGAIN) and lifted and started the laundry and whatnot. And then, like a good girl, I went to church. Blake and I did the regular cleaning and errands, and then I decided to try the 4:30 yoga class at a different studio, Yoga One. So I packed up my stuff and headed over there. And when I got there, I learned it was a HOT yoga class. Like the kind where the room is 100 degrees that I assumed only crazy people went to. It said nothing about this on the schedule or the website. I hate a lot of things, and "being hot" is in the top three (also in the top three: "Being tired" and "Being hungry." When I have the trifecta, I am completely unbearable. The entire city of Charlotte will be in danger if I ever wind up hugely pregnant in the summer months). Anyway, I was already there and thankfully wearing one of my Underarmor heat gear shirts, so I stayed. And oh my god, it was AWESOME. For starters, when you're that hot, all you think about is how sweaty you are rather than how much holding warrior 2 for 5 minutes hurts. And the time just flew. And you can stretch so much because of the heat, and during the final resting pose they give you cold wet lavender-smelling cloths to put over your eyes, and I felt AWESOME all night...long story short, I bought a yogitoes skidless mat blanket (because the sweat was totally making me skid all class) and a package of 10 classes right afterwards. I WILL be going again. Amazing.
So that's about it. Clearly my whole "trying not to spend money" thing backfired a bit, but it was a great weekend. And now we're back into the swing of things at work. Today we get to leave at lunch and head to a hotel nearby for our State of the Firm meeting. It's pretty lame, but it's an excuse to do nothing productive for most of the day, so I'm in favor of it. And then I have my pilates lesson tonight as usual. Good times. Happy Monday everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment