Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekend time

I wanted to post at some point during the week this week, but then I realized that I had nothing to say because it was just a regular old week in Charlotte and I'm trying to not spend a ton of money right now so I haven't bought anything cool to share with the blogging world. Oh well. I think most of the time I prefer these boring weeks in Charlotte to having to be in New Orleans or something, so I can't complain.

This weekend should be at least a little bit exciting. Blake and his friends are going up to Raleigh tonight to see the Wake soccer game, followed by the Wake vs NC State football game tomorrow. So I'll have the house to myself. Tomorrow morning, Susan and I have a pizza making cooking class at Johnson & Wales which should be awesome, and then we're going to the mall to shop for dresses for the office Christmas party (and for me, at least one winter wedding). That will not be so fun. I loathe party dress shopping. But I like party shoe shopping, so at least I'll have that to look forward to. We're hoping that we'll go into Nordstrom's, find something immediately, and then not have to try on any more dresses.

Now that I've been back in Charlotte for a significant amount of time, and I've done a good job of getting a weekly schedule together for myself to include my gym, pilates, and yoga workouts, I've decided that it's about time to do something I've been wanting to do for a while but have been avoiding: going back to church. I usually hate going because I feel like I look like a loser at church all alone (Blake refuses to attend a Catholic mass). But seriously. It's church. People there shouldn't judge me for being alone (but they will. We're Catholics. It's what we do). Once I find a church that I'll actually attend every week, I'm thinking about joining the choir, because I haven't done any serious singing since I took a choir class junior year of college. And I'm pretty sure that because of that, I sound like shit right now. Also hobbies are good, so I should have more of them.

That's about it. I think I'm going to try to actually suffer through a full day of work today because I don't have to go to Winston this weekend or anything, so taking a half day sounds kind of pointless. I'll check back in next week to talk all about my cooking class, which I'm sure will be awesome. Have a good weekend, everyone! I'll leave you with this picture that Blake just took with his phone and emailed to me, of Norman inside of a shipping box (the quality's pretty bad because it's from a phone, but it's still cute).

This is the perfect little cubby for me!

No comments: