Friday, December 12, 2008

Complete 180

So I was thinking today about how I kind of hated the Y at first, but it's really not that bad, and if it was WAY cheaper than my gym I would be fine joining it. So I did some research. Regular membership is $65/month. So if you include the fact that I pay $15/month for locker and laundry service, I'd only save $180/year by joining the Y. Not enough. And then I found the "Center City Young Adult Membership" for people ages 16-29. That is $39/month. And would therefore save me about $550/year. THAT is a lot.

Considering that I only go to the gym to do cardio 4-5 times a week, this might be worth looking into. But I don't know how I can leave everything that I love about the fancy gym. I think I'm going to wait and see just how fancy the renovations make the fancy gym before I make my decision. Really though, I don't know if it matters if I'm only using it for cardio purposes. I really could use that $550/year for other stuff. And it would annoy me less when I'm out of town for months at a time that I'm being charged $40/month rather than $85. What to do?

I would probably do this right now if I didn't REALLY want to see the renovations to the fancy gym.

No comments: