Monday, December 1, 2008

Hi from Dallas

I had forgotten how much it totally sucks to have to travel for work all the time because I haven't had to do it in a few months. Also, our Christmas party is Friday, and we got word last night that there's a whole sketchy booze situation so we can't even get drunk. It's like management has decided to forge a battle against fun. And the economy is so bad that we all have to deal with it, because right now public accounting is one of the only reasonably secure jobs in the financial world. Awesome.

Anyway, after my shopping victory Friday, Dan and Leeann came to town so we got some dinner and then I picked up Blake from the airport. Saturday morning I went to yoga and then baked some focaccia before the football game. I've decided to avoid early morning yoga at all costs in the future. It's hard because I can't really eat first because I'll feel like I'm going to vomit. So I just have a protein shake to fill me up during class. But I still felt awful. It was similar on Thursday morning. I think I'll be avoiding all classes before noon from now on. I need something real in my belly before working out.

The football game was horrible...it was freezing cold and raining the whole time. The students were all home for Thanksgiving and most "fans" only come when we're winning, so it was almost empty, which was sad. At least we won. If we hadn't, we might have all killed ourselves. Worst conditions ever. Now we just wait to see which bowl game we'll wind up going to. But I probably won't be going to it unless it's in Charlotte because I don't want to throw down a bunch of cash to go to a sub-par bowl. And we deserve only a sub-par bowl this year.

Other than my Saturday yoga, I haven't done much working out. I didn't have time to do anything Sunday between the cleaning and laundry and packing, and we got in too late last night for me to run this morning. I did do about 20 minutes of pilates mat exercises when I got up though. I get my fat butt back to the gym tomorrow morning. I eat way too much when I'm out of town to not be working out at least once a day.

That's about it. There probably won't be much updating this week because nothing exciting really happens when I'm out of town. In fact, it's 9pm right now and I'm thinking about going to bed. I'm pretty lame on the road. But I have to get up early to get a solid workout in, so that's what happens. Hopefully between work and dinner tomorrow night, I can also get a lifting session in because I skipped that on Sunday. Good times.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments: