I got in a bit late last night on what was surely the least awesome first class flying experience of my life. You see, for the past 3 days, flights to Newark from Charlotte have been getting cancelled because of the weather in Newark, so all sorts of people were on standby for my flight. And of course there were a bunch of empty seats in first class. So guess who got those seats. If you guessed "two families that had a total of 7 children under the age of 6," you win. KILL ME. Thank god for sound proof headphones. Unfortunately, I was not permitted to wear those for the HOUR that we sat on the ground before we were allowed to take off. I didn't land until about 11, and didn't get home until after midnight due to the horrible driving conditions. And it was snowing. Which just made me sad.
Anyway, today Mom's family came over to celebrate Christmas, and I of course ate WAY too much. It was nice to see everybody. I got a few gifts, but we've all decided that we're too old for this nonsense anymore so next year we are doing it up $20 limit Yankee Swap style. I'm going to make someone a homemade oven mitt (I'm referencing The Office here. If you didn't catch that, I don't really understand how we're friends).
This year however, my Aunt Lisa, who always gets us ridiculous things because she thinks it's funny (last year she got my sister one of those beer helmets; two years ago she got us all those infomercial spaghetti cookers that look like the tube that you use at the bank drive through), got me the item below. And I laughed so hard that I cried. And it's definitely being displayed in my house. Because it is both cute and absolutely hilarious.

Jealous? Sundog Company.
That's it for today. I'm going to go beach my fat self like a whale and watch the rest of the Giants game now. Tomorrow Jackie promised to take me to the new outlet center to check out the Uggs store before she goes to work. I also intend to hit up the gym for some cardio and lift a bit. I have to do something about the food situation that is currently going on. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment