I'm back in Charlotte this week, and next week, and then I go home for a week for Christmas! I can't believe it's Christmas already. It's crazy.
The only exciting Dallas incident occurred on Thursday night. Several of the people I was with insisted on going to a "country bar" so we went to Red River, which was quite a show. There was a live country band (I recognized approximately 3 of the songs the entire night, all of which were old school Garth) and this dance floor ring that looked like a track that people were twirling around all up in doing fancy country partner dancing moves. There were naturally a lot of bars and also a mechanical bull. And a shitload of people wearing cowboy hats, boots, and giant belt buckles. I felt a bit out of place. It was Ladies Night, so the girls got in free, and then at 11 they did a balloon drop which was madness because they put money in the balloons. Susan, Megan and I got a total of $5. Which we used to support the bull riding efforts of Horrocks, Cory, and Cristi. Good times. Also, during the balloon drop, they played about 15 minutes of Top 40 Rap, and then went back to country music. It was so weird. But fun.
Friday we had an early flight back to Charlotte and I was SO TIRED. Fortunately I got upgraded to first class for the flight, but I couldn't sleep. When we landed I had to go pick up my dress from the alterations place and I was exhausted. So I then took a nap before I had to get ready for the Christmas party. AJ came over early and we started drinking. We then met people at a pregaming bar and headed to the party itself, which was at Roof with a View. We got there like 20 minutes before they stopped serving food, THANK GOD, because we were hungry and the last time I drank heavily but didn't eat at a Christmas party, I wound up vomiting. Unfortunately, AJ did not heed these warnings, and refused to eat, and so she vomited. I did fine, and we rolled about 30 deep to the Breakfast Club afterwards, which, as always, was a great time.
Saturday I felt a bit like ass (this was the first time I'd drank vodka in probably two years...but my tolerance remains somehow), so I had to skip pilates. I basically sat around all day. I didn't even leave the house. I did some stuff around the house and made a cake because I felt like it. That was about it.
Yesterday things were back to normal for the most part. I got up, started laundry, lifted, went to church, did the errands, and went to yoga. I also made dinner. I should have cleaned the kitchen but I had to work in some relaxing time. I'll have to do that this week at some point.
Yoga was awesome last night. The normal teacher was out, and my favorite teacher was subbing, so it was great. I've noticed that the temperature in the room varies greatly depending on the teacher, and I do best with Christine because she keeps the heaters on before class and then turns them off when class starts. So it's only between 80-90 degrees in there for class. When I'm not worrying so much about sweating, I can do a lot more stuff. Sally (the Tuesday night teacher) sometimes keeps it around 90 but on Thanksgiving day almost killed me, and Daniel (the normal Sunday guy) usually keeps it close to 100 which is also difficult. I guess I have to get used to it. I felt like I got a lot more out of my practice yesterday, but that could have been because I'd missed a full week so I was really ready to go.
That's about it I guess. I'm back to normal for the next two weeks. Pilates lesson tonight. I do have to go to a different gym for these two weeks because my gym is doing renovations (pictures here) so that's going to be lame today. It's a few blocks further from the office, so it'll take a bit longer. Oh well. It's only two weeks (god willing).
Hope you all have a good week, and I'll update again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I didn't know that fataces did yoga! You go girl!
Post a Comment