Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend in FL

First, let's just start with the awesomeness that was Must See TV Thursday. Because I didn't work on Friday, so that counts as weekend time. I've been giving Kath & Kim a go, and it was really really funny this week. You just have to completely embrace its ridiculousness and you'll be good to go. The Office was also awesome, and the SNL Thursday was great, with Will Ferrell showing up to play George W Bush one last time. Can we talk for a moment about how crazy it is that Amy Poeler did that hilarious Palin rap on SNL last Saturday and then went into labor this Saturday? I can't believe she was that boisterous less than a week before having a baby. I imagine that when I'm pregnant, at that point all I'll be doing is beaching myself on the couch with a bucket of KFC. And a milkshake of some sort.

Anyway, Friday I just got up, lifted, packed, and headed to FL. It was hot and humid, but cloudy and rainy the whole time we were there, which was lame. It was good to see the family even though Wake lost an embarrassing game on Saturday. We had an early afternoon flight on Sunday so it was a short trip. But we had lots to do Sunday afternoon.

So this made me want to kill USAir. On the way down, I didn't get automatically upgraded. However, once I was on the plane in my seat, they came over and told me they had a seat in first class for me. I declined because I was already seated and Blake had the middle seat so I didn't want him stuck there if I wasn't in the window seat next to him. Apparently, when I declined the upgrade, USAir somehow "lost" the fact that I was even on the plane. Because when I got to my dad's, I went online to check my email and saw that I had been automatically upgraded for the flight on Sunday. So I go to USAir.com to pick my first class seat (I like the window) and it won't let me because my reservation has been "cancelled." 45 minutes on the phone with USAir later (including about 20 minutes on the phone with an effing recording), I find out that they somehow lost track of my being on the first flight so they automatically cancelled my return flight. Fortunately, I saw this on Friday and not Sunday, so they were able to fix it for me and put me back in first class. The flight was oversold Sunday, so if I hadn't seen this ahead of time, I would have had to scream at airport people, and I was not prepared to do that.

Other than that nothing big really happened. It's back to the grind now. I guess I have to work a full week this week, which is lame...if I actually sit here until 5:30 on Friday I'd be shocked. We'll see. I'm not really busy enough this time of year to stay amused in the office on a Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

MissJordyPants said...

That happened to me once coming back from Phoenix! They didn't scan my boarding pass when I got on the plane to Phoenix, so they just cancelled my return ticket! I didn't realize it until I got to the airport. Bastards.