Monday, June 23, 2008

Belated Weekend Activities

I haven't checked in in a few days, but I've been a bit busy. Here's a short run down:

Friday I was back in Charlotte and went to work but left around 1 because I didn't have much to do and I didn't want to be there anymore. I had to stop at the bank on my way, and outside of the bank a farmers' market was set up, so I got some fresh melon and blueberries. My dad was still up in Lake Norman so I went there to visit. That was about it.

Saturday Blake was hosting a water skiing event for his Outdoors Club, and since I'd been out of town all week, I decided to skip the lake and hang out at home. I did some Wii Fit, went to the gym (yay me), did some grocery shopping, made the Amish Friendship Bread that I got starter for from one of the partners at work (it's delicious), and relaxed a bit. It was fabulous.

Sunday I had a lot to do, so I got up early to start laundry, did my Wii Fit, went to the gym (again! woo!), did a Target run, cleaned the bathroom, packed, and then headed back to West Virginia. We didn't get in until after midnight, so I'm super tired today.

I wanted to kettlebell it up in my hotel room tonight before dinner (benefit of driving...I can bring whatever I want. I also brought a loaf of the Friendship Bread and some cantaloupe for breakfast. We're at a Residence Inn, so I have a full kitchen. And a fireplace for some reason). I left my kettlebell in the car last night though because it was POURING when we arrived and I had to make a mad dash to the hotel door. So I hit the treadmill for 35 minutes instead. I rescued the kettlebell after dinner, so I'll be doing that tomorrow night.

I'm pretty proud of myself for my weekend gym motivation. I didn't really have much choice though, because I eat like crap when I'm out of town. I was good and had a salad for dinner tonight, but the pizza buffet at lunch was not the most healthy option. After I get back to Charlotte, I should get to be there for at least 3 weeks, so I'll be back in healthy mode with any luck. I find myself actually trying to lose weight now because I hate it when my Wii Fit tells me that I've gained weight since the last time I've used it. I've cut down on that because I'm doing the weigh in at the same time most days now, but it makes my perfectionist self pissed when the line on my little graph goes up instead of down. I may be a sad individual.

Oh! And my Rock Band for Wii is set to arrive tomorrow! I can't wait to dominate the crap out of it when I get home :)

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say later in the week.

No comments: