First of all, Austin is awesome. While it is extremely hot outside, I can see why so many people want to live there. Next time I get to go there for work, I'm definitely spending the weekend and making Blake fly out to hang out with me. Good times.
Friday night Susan and I saw the Sex & the City movie. It was good, except for the 15 whole minutes that never got properly edited and had microphones obviously showing everywhere. They were kind of important scenes too. And the whole theatre was laughing. Not cool. Other than that the movie was good...although a bit rushed. It was basically what could have been an entire season of episodes of the TV show crammed into two and a half hours of movie. But it was good times. And apparently they're already planning a sequel, so yay. But it would be better if they'd just start doing the TV show again. Forever.
Saturday morning, we had to get up at the crack of dawn for our 7am flight back to Charlotte. As you can imagine, I was a bit tired and therefore cranky on Saturday. I think this showed most when we went to Target and were looking for Fathers' Day cards. I was in the "from the cat" section getting cards for Blake when I came across the funniest card I have seen in my entire life. I was laughing so hard tears were spilling down my face in the middle of target. It was so funny that I had to show it to Blake even though he'll be getting it for Fathers Day from Norman anyway. I may go back and buy the entire stock of them so that I can give them to him for years to come. It was just so perfect and accurate. This is what it was:
The front was a cartoony picture from the angle of a person who is laying on their back in bed. So all you can see of the person is their feet coming up out of the covers. And then there is a pudgy orange cat standing on what would be the person's stomach, backwards, so that the cat's ass is directly in the person's face. The butt hole is drawn on there. And the cat's head is like looking back at where the person's head would be. And then the inside says "I came by to say Happy Fathers' Day this morning, but you were still asleep. Love, the Cat."
This is way funnier in person, but Norman is CONSTANTLY walking all over Blake while he sleeps, sometimes he even sleeps on him. And when he does all of this he ALWAYS rubs his ass all over Blake's face. It's like his goal is to get his butt as close to Blake's face as possible before he lays down. Sometimes I'm awake when this is happening and I just start laughing. So you can imagine how excited I was about this card. Also, the cat on the card is orange and so is Norman...so it's almost like Blake designed this card with himself in mind.
After my little incident at Target, we went to Best Buy and Blake bought me Dance Dance Revolution for Wii for my birthday. Yay! but he won't let me have it until we actually celebrate the birthday. Which is fine, I can wait a couple of weeks if I know that I'll get to have it then. I pretty much played Wii for the rest of the day Saturday.
Sunday we went out to the lake. It was hot out, but the water was nice, if not a bit colder than I would have liked. Blake skied and Tim was with us so I didn't have to drive the boat, which was key. When we got home, we did chores and played Wii and I made cookies.
Today it's back to my normal schedule until I go out of town in two weeks...it's Yoga day, so I leave work at 4:30 and do some cardio and then yoga until 7. Woo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment