Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weekend time!

Because I'm taking the day off tomorrow, it's almost the weekend for me! And what an exciting weekend it shall be. It is the weekend of the wedding of one miss Jessie Stew(art), soon to be miss Jessie Seltzer (we have settled on the new nickname Jessie Stew-Seltz post-wedding). Go to the website. My favorite part is the page dedicated to their cat. (I'm easily impressed by fancy looking websites because I can barely operate a computer on my own).

Most of the time when a wedding comes up, either Blake or I don't really want to go. Mostly this is Blake's territory and I have to drag his ass there. However because at this particular wedding one of my friends from college is marrying one of his friends from college, we are both equally excited. And the amount of drinking will be vast.

So tomorrow, I'm going to get up early, hit the gym, get a mani/pedi, pack, and then we're leaving around 1 for Charleston. Yay! We're heading to the pig roast rehearsal dinner tomorrow night and then the ceremony and reception kick off Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping that perhaps we can get to the beach on Saturday morning. We don't get to see the ocean much in Charlotte.

It's going to be a struggle to get through the day at work today given that such a fabulous weekend is upon me. I need to stick it out here and then hit the gym when I leave. I think that since I probably won't be working out this weekend, I will break my long lifting session, usually reserved for Sunday afternoon, into two parts and do it half today and half tomorrow. This way I'll still have time to do cardio both days as well.

Random question: I'm kind of considering getting a mystic tan before this wedding, but I'm scared because I'm so ass white. I'm afraid that I'll look orange, and I don't really want that to happen. Do any of you have some advice about this? I don't want to look "tan" per se, I just don't want the glare of the sun off of my legs to blind the other people at the reception.

Have a good weekend everybody. I'll post some wedding pictures upon my return.

1 comment:

MissJordyPants said...

Ohhh please send my best to them! Congratulations! It sounds like an utterly fabulous event.

As for the mystic. I was scared. I did it before a photoshoot to test and then again before the wedding. Go for the 1. Just gives you a nice glint. Careful on the hands and feet though with the cream because it leaves some weird marks. I don't know if you can ever be super good at that though. For the wedding I let the guy talk me into the bronzer 2. I didn't look crazy :-) Highly recommended! Good Luck!