So I'm at the gym yesterday and I almost vomit. Not because of a particularly difficult workout but because of something that I saw in the locker room. Let me lay out the scene for you.
First, I need to backtrack and explain a few things. At my fancy gym, you can pay a little (read: $16) extra each month and get your own locker where you can leave your shit AND you get laundry service, so when you're done working out, you remove your gym clothes, put them in your laundry baggie, throw them in the basket, and they're back in your locker in 24 hours. And yes, I realize how spoiled I am. I would pay $16 just to avoid dragging a gym bag with me every day, never mind for the laundry situation. But I digress.
For the people that don't pay for their own lockers, there are some lockers that you can use with a removable combination lock, etc. Also, in each little grouping of lockers, there are some long open areas with hangers, which I use for coats, high boots (because they won't fit in my regular locker if my purse is already in there), the occasional silk or linen dress that I want to hang so it won't get all wrinkly, you get the idea. Sometimes people put computer bags in there or yoga mats or whatever.
A little more backstory: I'm pretty sure I've blogged about the 50 year old fat lady who has a locker near mine before right? The one who gets completely ASS NAKED and walks around and sits on the communal leather bench with her bare behind. I mean, more power to her for feeling secure in her body, and for working out to try to get/stay healthy. But I wouldn't want to see Giselle walking around ass naked in my locker room, never mind some fat old broad.
Ok now it's time for the real situation. Yesterday Fat Old Lady was leaving the locker area to go work out as I was entering it at the completion of my workout. I see her throw her purse in a locker and some shoes at the bottom of an open hanging locker and leave. Then, as I'm getting dressed, I glance into the open hanging locker and I see her shirt and pants on a hanger. And then I see, around the top of the hanger HER UNDERWEAR. HER DIRTY UNDERWEAR, OUT IN THE OPEN FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. I seriously wanted to vomit, for two reasons: (1) I don't want to be up close and personal with anyone else's dirty panties, and (2) this probably means that she works out without panties on. GROSS. I felt the immediate need to shower.
The good news is that I upped my 4:15 snack to a yellow bell pepper and a whole grain wasa wafer with peanut butter yesterday, so I was able to get through 50 minutes of cardio and a strength training session without starving to death. I did, however, have to eat immediately when I returned home at 6:30. But that's still an improvement.
Today, as long as it's not raining, I think I'll go for a walk outside in lieu of going to the gym. Also, I am making fajitas for dinner. Yay. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that's so incredibly disgusting. ICK.
I would LOVE to pay $16 for the gym locker/laundry situation. I think my gym is something like $50 extra a month. And I only pay $99/year now... so that seems dumb.
Post a Comment