Friday, June 27, 2008

VACATION TIME!

So for the past month or so Blake and I have been trying to decide whether to take next week off of work and head up north to see our respective families. I knew I could take the time off, but Blake wasn't sure. Last night he decided that he was in. Yay! So we're leaving at about 5am tomorrow, with the cats in tow, and heading for PA.

The cats of course hate long car rides by the way. Let me explain to you how this is done (so you understand, once again, how crazy we are). We don't want to keep them in their carriers for 8 hours, but they can't be loose enough that they can scamper underneath the driver's seat while driving is happening. Basically, we take my car and we lay the back seat down and then cover up the passage from the trunk to the back seat with a baby gate and then put the cats loose in the trunk. They can see us and see out the windows, but they can't escape. We set up their litter box and some food and water back there and give them some toys. Our luggage is confined to the back seat, but we can't have much of it because we don't want to restrict the kitties' views too much.

The only other time that was attempted was for Thanksgiving two years ago. They were only 4 months old at the time. Blake went to the pet store and got some treats that were supposed to make them tired so they'd sleep the whole way. Well, Wylie refuses to put anything other than Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula in his mouth, so he wouldn't eat one. Norman loves treats, so he took it out of Blake's hand immediately, chewed it for a minute, glared up at Blake angrily as if to say "this isn't up to par," and spit it out on the floor. So that didn't work. They cried fr the first two hours and then slept the rest of the way. So I look forward to that happening again.

The cats will stay at Blake's parents' house for most of the week. I'm leaving there Sunday to go to NJ. Then I'm going to head back to PA to pick up Blake and the cats on Thursday and we'll hang in NJ and then head back here Saturday. I'm bringing the Wii. My sister is pumped. And I haven't seen my mom's new house since she moved in so that should be exciting.

I started playing Rock Band last night...and it is fun. I'm going to have to hide it in the car somewhere, because Blake keeps warning me against bringing a bunch of shit with me. Boo.

2 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

I think you might officially be insane.

We are bad kittie parents. The boys stay at home with an extra large giant bowl of food and another one of water. They're hardcore survivors... so they're good.

alannahbean said...

why don't i have a kitty? can you be a single mom and still have a kitty? maybe the two years of 150 lb great dane ownership put me over the edge.