Just so that you all don't think I constantly bitch about everywhere I have to travel for work the way that I bitch about New Orleans, I thought I'd fill you in on our activities in Houston. First of all, I'm bound to be in a better mood here because the client is awesome. And second of all, there are lots of fun things to do.
As I mentioned in my last post, I went to a fancy mall on Monday night. Then last night, we went to see the Astros play the Padres. They won and I ate a hot dog and a soft pretzel and I drank beer, so I was happy. Tonight we went to one of the most fabulous restaurants ever, Truluck's. They have the most delicious cake in the history of time, and Susan and I have been dreaming of it ever since we had it last year. It has an oreo crust and it's chocolate espresso ice cream layered with coffee ice cream with chocolate sauce and walnuts on top. They also have tasty wine flights and the most gigantic lobster tail I have ever seen, which is now in my belly. I feel that I will now beach myself like a whale on my hotel room bed and pass out. We get one dinner a week that we get to run through, and I never argue with free lobster and wine, so I usually wind up wanting to vomit after these affairs.
Also, Carly just got voted off of Idol? WTF. I liked her. I don't care how much better Syesha did this week, something about her bothers me and I wish she had gone home instead. Boo. Now if only the 12 year olds would stop voting and we wouldn't have to hear Ballads Written for Forty Year Olds by David Archuleta every week, I'd be thrilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment