So apparently if you are a CPA, it is unnecessary to come to work on April 16th. Now, we are deterred from taking any unnecessary vacation time between mid-January and April 15th, but are people really so desperate to sit on their asses (which is exactly what they'd be doing in the office, mind you) that they're taking PTO the first day that they can? There are no partners or senior managers or HR personnel anywhere near this place today. And I don't remember seeing anyone super drunk at the After Tax Season party yesterday, so hangovers should be at an all time low.
I bring this up because those of us that actually showed up today are going to wind up doing pretty well for ourselves. Basically, I'm going to leave between 2:30 and 3 and no one will be the wiser. Except for the several managers with whom I've discussed this plan and who are in on it as well. Sweet. And bonus: I actually got a lot done around here today. More than I would have if I was here for 8 full hours with the entire office being here. This has worked out wonderfully.
Isn't it nice that when you really hate your job you can become extraordinarily excited about really lame stuff? Silver lining, people. Silver lining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
the silver linings are the only things that make me not want to die.
Post a Comment